Thursday, May 31, 2012

Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites

 I found this *awesome* recipe on pinterest recently.  (Here is the original post.) These were delicious!

First you make this amazing peanut butter mixture:

 Ingredients:
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tsp butter, room temperature
2/3 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Small pretzels, chocolate for dipping. 

Mix well until dough forms.  I used a small scoop to get the peanut butter mixture onto the pretzels and then smushed another pretzel on top.  

 Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or so until it firms up a bit.
Then dip in chocolate... you'll notice I don't have any pictures... let's just say they were amazing and there wasn't time :)


So, in a panic about a week later I was looking for some more of these delicious bites and wasn't in the mood to make the mess or find all the ingredients.  Honestly I just wanted a few pretzels and then for the temptation to be gone.  
Enter the "speedy peanut butter pretzel bites"

1 spoon peanut butter
1 spoon chocolate frosting

 Was it as amazing as the original?  No.  
Was it delicious?  Yes.
Was it easy?  Yes.
Did it get rid of my craving?  Yes.
Will I do it again?  Yes!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment